Heavy plate steel
In rolling mills for heavy plate, the remarkable ratio between measuring range and precision comes into effect, which is achieved by using discrete laser line technology and by embedding a best-fit line into the point cloud of the sensors, which increases the resolution significantly. High linearity is achieved due to efficient signal processing.
- Geometrical measurements based on radioactive radiation
- Cost-effective service-lifecycle-management
- Iterative calibration compensation for thermal effects
- Large measuring range with high precision
- Mechanism protects lenses from dirt
- Comprehensive analysis software with numerous graphs for cross-sections, longitudinal profiles, SPC analysis and false-colour representation
INDUSTEEL Arcelor Group
C-frame thicknessCONTROL MTS 8202.LLT
C-frame after trimming process for thickness control purposes
- Width: 40mm - 500mm
- Thickness: 4mm up to 42mm
- Material temperature: < 50°C
System measures the centre thickness above each plate.